Wednesday, August 24, 2011

There are about a million and one reasons that I need to blog.
1. We moved to Oregon
2. SJ is GROWING
3. Devin has started Medical School at Western University here in Lebanon
4. Did I mention that we moved to Oregon?

I will be getting to all those things in other posts (that will hopefully be posted soon... ish.) But right now I wanted to share a journal entry that I did the other night with you guys.

**

Sunday August 14, 2011

A couple months ago I started following a blog by a girl who lives in Calirfornia, with her husband and 2 daughters. The youngest daughter, Ruby Jane, was born a little over a month before SJ. Back in March (or so) Ruby was diagnosed with some type of liver disease. The blog explains the disease, but honestly, I can't remember the details. All I really remember, and what I can't get out of my mind, are the pictures of Ruby as she kept getting sicker and sicker, and all the beautifully worded posts by a mom who desperately wanted her little baby to get better. Unfortunateley, they weren't able to get a liver transplant in time, and Ruby Jane died on Thursday night.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about Ruby and her mother, Ani, all weekend. It has made me stop and consider how precious life really is. I have definitely been holding SJ a little tighter, and have been giving him extra kisses everyday. I have been making sure that SJ and Devin know how much I love them - because I do, with all my heart. This isn't something that I should do just this weekend though, it is something that I should be doing all the time. Hopefully I remember this lesson that beautiful baby Ruby, and her wonderful mother, Ani, have taught me, even though I have never met either of them.

I am so grateful for my little family. For Devin, who is a wonderful husband and always puts me first in his life, for that I am truly thankful.  For SJ, who is seriously the light of my life. He brightens my day, everyday.



**

If you want to get the full story on Ruby you can visit Ani's blog at aniandmatttaylor.blogspot.com
Also, on Facebook they are having an auction to help the Taylors pay the extensive medical bills they are being bombarded with. The group is called "Bows for Ruby".

1 comment: